- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 3 TBS unsalted butter
- 1 TBS fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. (For Instant Pot Instructions, see below!)
- Place sweet potatoes on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes (or until juice from the potatoes are oozing).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, saute minced garlic cloves in the olive oil over medium heart until fragrant and turning light brown. About 2 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the sweet potatoes and mash (in mixer, with a masher or a food meal) to desired consistency.
- Add salt, pepper, butter, thyme and the garlic and oil mixture to the sweet potatoes.
- Mix until well combined.
- Serve warm.
For Instant Pot
- Add steam basket to Instant Pot.
- Pour in one cup of water.
- Place sweet potatoes in steamer.
- Close and lock the lid on the Instant Pot.
- Move the vent to “Sealing” position.
- Set on Steam setting and program for 15 minutes.
- When complete allow IP to depressurize for about 15 minutes.
- Move vent to “Venting.”
- Remove lid and go back up to step number 5.