- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit.
- With a knife cut the flesh of the avocado (that is still inside the skin) into strips. You should be able to make four “fries” from each half.
- Carefully scoop the avocado “fries” out of the skin of the avocado. Lightly sprinkle the avocado fries with some kosher salt.
- Cut the bacon in half widthwise.
- Take one an avocado fry and wrap with half a slice of bacon. Use 2 toothpicks to secure the bacon, one on each end of the avocado fry. (Optional add a strip of jalapeño or red onion next to the avocado and then wrap with bacon. To secure, put a toothpick through the bacon, then avocado and lastly the jalapeño/red onion.)
- Spray oil onto the wire rack of a baking sheet. Add bacon wrapped avocado fries to a wire rack. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bacon is crispy. (If you do not have a wire rack, you can place the fries directly onto a baking sheet. I like to use the wire rack for extra crispy bacon.)
- Serve warm.
Serve with herb dressing, sriracha, buffalo sauce, or ketchup.