Homemade honey simple syrup is so easy to make and it has clean ingredients in it! Now you can always have simple syrup on hand.
Simple syrup is traditionally equal parts white, granulated sugar and water. You bring the mixture to a simmer in a sauce pan over medium high heat until the sugar dissolves into the water.
What you end up with is a perfect sweetener for beverages such as coffee, teas, and cocktails! It can also be used to sweeten cereals or oatmeals.
I like to use honey because we do not generally have white sugar on hand. Clover honey is perfect because it has a very mild honey flavor. So it can still sweeten anything without an overpowering honey taste.
If you can’t find clover honey you can also use tupelo honey or an amber honey.
The best thing about honey simple syrup is that you can flavor it with whatever your heart desires! I’ve been making honey simple syrup for years and have made an orange, clove simple syrup for holiday sangria.
I’ve also made a mint honey simple syrup for my iced coffee.
Just recently I became the proud owner of a 3 lbs bag of fresh cranberries so I made a fresh cranberry simple syrup to make holiday moscow mules!
There are endless flavor combinations when it comes to homemade honey simple syrup! What’s your favorite?Print
Cranberry Infused Homemade Honey Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup clover honey
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- In a small saucepan over medium heat simmer the water and the honey until honey fully dissolves into the water.
- Add the fresh cranberries and continue simmering for 8 minutes (until the cranberries split or pop).
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Place in a container with an airtight lid. Seal.
Makes 1 cup of honey simple syrup. Will stay good in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Cranberry Moscow Mules with Honey Simple Syrup
- 4 oz. 100% cranberry juice
- 2 oz. cranberry honey simple syrup
- 2 oz vodka or gin (optional)
- 8 oz Ginger Beer (Bundaberg is the tastiest with clean ingredients)
- Fill a copper mug with ice.
- Add cranberry juice, cranberry honey simple syrup, and vodka or gin (the vodka/gin is optional – for a virgin drink, omit). Top off with the ginger beer. Enjoy!
Makes 1 drink! Ginger beer is non-alcoholic (think of it as ginger-ale with a more pronounced ginger flavor).