- 6 strips of bacon
- 2 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 TBS coconut oil
- 1/2 poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 red or white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Optional: eggs and fresh herbs to top hash with.
- In a cast iron skillet cook bacon.
- Remove some of the bacon fat and add the cubed sweet potatoes to the cast iron skillet
- Season with salt and pepper and onion powder
- Let cook for 5 minutes with a lid on, without moving, so the potatoes can caramelize
- After 5 minutes turn the potatoes and add the lid back on. Cook for 5 more minutes without stirring.
- Uncover and flip potatoes once more. Let cook for about 3 more minutes, uncovered until tender and cooked.
- Remove potatoes to a bowl
- Add 1 TBS coconut oil and then add the onions, poblano peppers and garlic
- Sauté for about 3 minutes until softened
- Add sweet potatoes back to pot
- Mix together and let finish off for about two more minutes.
- Top with poached egg and some fresh dill. Serve immediately.