- 1 TBS coconut oil or olive oil
- 4 bell peppers (tops removed)
- 1 lbs grass fed beef
- 1 small zucchini, chopped (optional)
- 1 carrot, chopped (optional)
- 1 8oz package baby bella mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- Handful spinach, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 jar all natural marinara sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper flakes (optional)
- Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Heat coconut oil in a pan over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and do not touch for 5-8 minutes. Flip and cook (without touching) for another 5 minutes.
- Add onion (and any other veggies you want, like chopped zucchini or carrots…) and sauté until translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add beef (optional) and garlic. Saute the beef for 8 minutes making sure to break it apart with a spatula.
- Add half a jar of all natural marinara sauce. Mix everything together and put the lid on and cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and add the salt, pepper and red pepper flakes (omit red pepper if you do not like spice). Put the lid back on and cook for 5 minutes.
- Taste the mixture and add additional salt or pepper if needed.
- Place hollow (tops removed) peppers in an oven safe dish that will allow them to stand up.
- Spoon the meat mixture into the bell peppers.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes. If you would like to top with cheese, sprinkle on top after 15 minutes and let bake for an additional 5 minutes.