1 TBS coconut oil
1 bell pepper, sliced
1/2 red onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 cup fresh Thai basil leaves (or regular fresh basil), chopped
1 inch of fresh ginger, finely chopped
1 lbs 80/20 grass fed ground beef
3 TBS Coconut Aminos
1 TBS coconut sugar
1 tsp Red Boat fish sauce
1 tsp salt
Juice from 1/2 lime
2 carrots, shredded
2 scallions, sliced
Basmati rice or lettuce greens to serve over
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
2. Add bell pepper and red onion, sauté for 3 minutes.
3. Add garlic, basil and ginger stirring until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
4. Add ground beef, crumbling with a wooden spoon. Let brown until cooked about 6-8 minutes.
5. In a separate bowl mix the coconut aminos, coconut sugar and fish sauce until combined.
6. Add sauce into the skillet and sprinkle salt over beef mixture.
7. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes to allow the sauce to caramelize the beef.
8. Turn off heat. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 a lime over the stir fry (you can skip this step and serve everyone lime wedges if some people in your family do not like lime juice). Mix to incorporate the lime juice.
8. Serve over basmati rice or fresh greens.
9. Optional: Top with shredded carrots, scallions, fresh basil, sliced fresh jalapéno, and a lime wedge.
Note: This recipe serves 4 adults. For more servings just double or triple the recipe!