This post is going to be different.
I get wide-eyed excited to share a recipe with you. I share a little of my heart and a lot of recipe.
But, I was thinking, maybe that could change? I’d love to let you in a little more.
More recipes but more heart too.
So, let’s try this. Right now.
Thank you for this photo, Carissa.
And this is me on a normal day. I took a selfie you for. (I should stick to my day job.)
A little bit about me that maybe you don’t know:
- This blog has the word “savory” in it because I can be found almost never craving dessert. I don’t know why. It is very freakish. When dessert is served I usually eat it – but I don’t crave it. I crave mashed potatoes at all hours of the day. Steak is never a bad idea.
- I have been known to tear up during an emotional commercial or two.
- Favorite movies? Action. All day long. Especially the ones where you have to figure out what is going on.
- I write. All the time. It makes me nervous to share my writing. But I am trying to get better at that.
- We have a dog named Stout. Everyone calls him an Ewok. While everyone was going on about the Grammys I put this little “Who Wore it Better?” image together:
This is how strange I am. And Stout wore it better.
The biggest thing I want to share with you
is my day time job (hence the infrequency of posting here).
I work for Compassion International. I have for 6 years. I fell in love with what God is doing through this ministry the first week I was hired.
Today my job, actually, my honor, is leading Compassion Blog Trips. That just happened a few months ago. I have felt ALL THE EMOTIONS about this transition.
This Saturday, Valentines Day, I will meet up with four incredible bloggers and lead my first blog trip without Shaun.
These bloggers have said YES to this trip! I hope you’re already following them:
I think I might share some of that trip on this little blog, if you’ll have me?
Because here’s the thing. I love cooking.
The kitchen is my studio and Beau is my partner.
Creating art. Communicating through the chopping and mixing and tasting.
I’m committed to posting all things delicious and savory here.
But the other thing I love is giving bloggers an opportunity to use their platform to advocate for children in poverty.
And I get to do that at Compassion. Will you journey with us?!
I’d love to know more about you. Let’s be friends! Tell me you. Your favorite movies, your favorite comfort meal? What are you passionate about?!