- Trim excess fat off chicken thighs and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- In a sauté pan over medium high heat add oil and butter.
- Once butter is melted, add chicken thighs. Brown chicken until cooked. About 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken from pan to a bowl. Cover.
- In the same pan the chicken cooked in, over medium heat, add the soy sauce, honey, tomato sauce, garlic and sriracha. Mix and let simmer for 2 minutes while it thickens.
- Add lime juice and sugar snap peas. Simmer for an additional minute.
- Meanwhile, shred chicken with two forks or a in a stand mixer. Add shredded chicken to the sauce in the sauté pan. Mix to combine.
Serve over Basmati rice, cauliflower rice, or steamed veggies. Serve with a sprinkle of sesame seeds, slices of avocado and a wedge of lime.
Instant Pot Coconut Basmati Rice:
- Mix canned coconut milk so the fat and the milk are incorporated, add to IP. Add 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 cup water, and rice. Stir to combine.
- Lock the lid and move valve to “Sealing.” Cook on High Pressure for 4 minutes. Allow for a natural pressure release for 7 minutes. Move valve to “Venting.”
- Give the rice and good stir and serve!
Stovetop Method for Coconut Milk Rice:
- Add 1 can coconut milk and 1/2 cup water to the pot. Add 1 and 1/4 cup rice and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cover. Cook for 10 minutes. Stir. Cook for an additional 10 minutes. Serve!