- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub sweet potatoes and cut in half lengthwise (this will give you 6 halves).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Oil baking sheet. Place sweet potatoes flesh side down. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until flesh of sweet potato is tender.
- Turn Broiler on.
- For sauce, in a sauce pan, add all ingredients. Cook on medium until all ingredients are incorporated about 5-8 minutes.
- In a bowl (or directly on the sheet tray lined with foil or parchment paper) toss the shredded chicken with 1/2 cup of the sweet + spicy sauce. Spread evenly over sheet tray. Place under broiler for 5 minutes or until chicken gets a little crispy.
- Top each sweet potato with the chicken. Drizzle with additional sweet + spicy sauce. Drizzle with herb dressing. Garnish with fresh cilantro!
Instant Pot Method for Sweet Potatoes:
- Place steamer basket in Instant Pot and add 1 cup water.
- Scrub sweet potatoes until skins are clean. Place on top of the steamer basket.
- Secure and lock lid and move vent to “Sealing.”
- Select High Pressure and set time for 15 minutes.
- Allow to release naturally and move vent to “Venting.”
- Remove sweet potatoes.
Instant Pot Method for Frozen Chicken:
- Add 4 1/2 cups water or chicken broth to IP (I use chicken broth for flavor).
- Add 3 tsp salt.
- Place 2 lbs frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts in IP.
- Lock the lid and move the vent to sealing.
- Place on high pressure for 4 minutes (trust me).
- Allow to manually release pressure for 20 minutes (the chicken will continue to cook but not under high pressure).
- Move vent to “venting.” Remove chicken. Chicken should register at 165 degrees F. Shred.